Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Riding bikes!

I have been riding a little bit lately. Yay! So, I am making good use of at least 3 of the bikes I have. I turned the karate monkey into a 1x8, and it rocks. I spent about 3.5 hours off road with Jasen on Sunday, we rode Cosmo, Grindstone, and Rockbridge. The trails were great, a little wet in spots, but for the most part in good shape. The KM performed great, and I was comfortable for the entire day on the rigid bike. I am trying to decide if I want to use it for the race in St. Joseph next weekend, or if I want to ride the Rush. I hit up Cosmo for a couple of laps on Monday, and rode the Rush. It is amazing how different the 2 bikes are. The rush just rails, and is super confident due to all of the travel. But, the Surly climbs better, and really rolls when you get it up to speed. Decisions...

Last night I rolled out to the Tuesday night race for the second time this season with Kersha. Good times! I actually felt pretty good, and made a few half assed moves and made the selection towards the end. Tracey hit the gas with a couple of miles to go, and I tried to go with and got about 2/3 of the way to him but gassed myself pretty hard. I did manage to grab onto Butthead and Brinkers wheels when they came by and we rolled it home.

What else...not a lot really. I am getting ready to do a big ebay sell off of stuff, I'll post a link here.

No comments: