Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So what has been going on with me? Well last weekend we went to St. Joe with a side trip to Liberty. Alicia had an appointment, so Dillon and I just wandered around in the town square, which, conviently was having a fall festival. So we were entertained. Got a coffee at the local soda fountain. I highly recommend the Soda Fountain to anyone who is in Liberty. Very nice help, and a great menu. So, we ened up eating in Platte City, and by the time we got to St Joe, it was Dillon's bedtime. It was raining Saturday morning, and I was planning on riding with Lanses, a local. So we postponed the ride till after lunch when things had dried up. It was windy, very windy. And, towards the end of the ride, cold too. I was wishing for my arm warmers. We went to dinner with my grandma that night. Sunday, breakfast and drove home. Dillon is getting pretty good in the car, he isnt fussing much anymore. So, Sunday night I get a call and find out my Great Grandma passed away. She was 99. She took care of me when I was little, I remember going to her house. She always had food, good food, she came from the old school where everything was home made. I would always try to talk her into wrestling with me, and she usually would. She was one of the nicest, coolest people I have known, she never had a bad thing to say about anybody. She and my great grandfather would come and visit us in St Louis when we lived there and stay for a while. So yeah, pretty much a bummer. I drove to St Joe yesterday morning for the funeral, then drove home around lunch. So yah, I am pretty worn out today.

No comments: