Monday, September 08, 2008

I am scarred for life

Yesterday Kersha and I did our annual poaching of the MS150 ride. I actually saw a rider wearing a sleeveless skinsuit with arm warmers. This was right before I decided it would be a good idea to pee off the bike. I think I embarrassed the girl who passed me while I was doing this. It's not like I was facing her or anything, I was just tinkling away onto the shoulder while coasting.

So, long time no post. I have been doing a few things here and there, mostly being a dad to the 2 boys and working. D and B are both doing well, Dillon is "full of beans" as the old timers say, and those beans are giving him gas. He loves farting, and then asking me if I can smell it. Where do you think he learned that from? Brodie is growing, which is a normal thing for babies. He is a pretty mellow kid, which is a serious departure from the intensity of Dillon. He farts a lot too, and of course it cracks me up.

I practice bikes every once in a while. I did something called a "6 hour solo mountain bike race". It was not a lot of fun, and I stunk the place up hardcore. The bike meet was in Jeff City at Binder Lake. It made my back sore. And my loins. I rode my 10 million$ road bike through some serious flood water on the road, it was bad enough that it had actually pushed a pickup truck off the road and it was in the middle of a corn field with water halfway up its windows. I am a hard man when it comes to feats of daring, I didn't even bat an eye at riding through the water. I can swim, and my bike might float. I did the old mans race at the state crit bike meet. I over heated and pulled the plug early, but thats ok because I rode through that water earlier in the month.

I sold my Sentra and bought a minivan. I feel like a dork when I drive it. Not that my Sentra was some sore of super tuned rice burner, but I didn't feel like an old person when I drove it. Just white trash.

1 comment:

S. Smith said...

This is a choice post.

Why in Gods name was someone wearing arm warmers with a sleeveless jersey?