Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I will break you...

This is an open letter to someone I encountered yesterday...

Dear Woman riding 2 abreast all the way across the trail on your hybrid wearing grandma sunglasses chatting it up with your friend and obviously not paying attention,

I saw you from half a mile away. I was on my way from work in Ashland to meet up with my wife in Jefferson City via the Katy Trail. I was late, she had a doctors appointment at 3, it was past 2 and I was still in transit, we still had to pick up the boys from school and get to Columbia for her appointment. I had a 20 pound backpack on, was on my MTB, and had been pushing the pace for the entire time trying not to be any later then I already was. I was in a bad mood. There was a long stretch of wide open trail after you go under the bridge on the north side of Jefferson City. You could see for a mile. I saw you, you were behind 2 older men and riding next to another woman. You were heading straight for me. I was on the right side of the trail. I had on very bright clothes. I was actually rolling a "gutterball" when I saw you coming, I was practically in the grass I was so far over to the side. You had to see me. You had plenty of time to get single file with your riding partner. You didn't. We clipped bars when we passed each other, and you screamed in fright. I hope it scared a couple of years off of your life. There is no way you could have NOT seen me. Did you expect me to get off of my bike to let you pass? Anyway, the impact almost broke my pinky, it was draped over the end of my bar and got smashed between our bars when we made contact. Next time I will push you off your bike when you go by.

Sincerely,

Jason

Really? I am still surprised that I almost had an accident on the trail. The FUCKING TRAIL for God's sake. People, pay attention and keep your eyes forward. This lady had at least 3 minutes to see me coming. Steve gave me a bit of grief for not wearing my helmet when I go out for a leisurely cruise on the trail. Now I see why. I guess I'll have to start wearing full fingered gloves too.

2 comments:

Boz said...

A scream usually helps...as in "hey, #$&@^! move over!!"

RockDoc said...

you a-hole, don't get angry w/ helpless old ladies...1/2 of the people on the trail may as well have a 1/4 of a kindergarten education, or so it seems that way. She obviously has Alzheimers and keeps forgetting to pull her head out of her ass on a daily basis...kind of hard to navigate a bike when you are looking at your rectum...speaking of rectum, she damn near killed you!