Thursday, March 30, 2006

Windy

So its 9:27 on thursday night and there is a tornado warning for columbia. The sireens just stopped, and there are all kinds of interuptions on the tele. Good times. We have a plan as far as going to the basement. Alicia is going to get dillweed, I am going to get the cats. And my laptop. And my bikes. Can I fit my car in the basement? It is weird trying to think about what you would take with you if something shitty like that would happen. Seriously, tho, all I care about are Alicia and the Dillon, and the cats. Better bring a litter box too, cat pee and poop smells bad. Not a lot going on here, just the usual. Riding, eating, sleeping, playing with "the boy", watching Kill Bill and From Dusk till Dawn, and playing games (RE 4). I've been riding a bit, got out with Kersha and Fish last night for a little while, rode a little in Iowa and St Joe while we were out of town last weekend. Uneventful. Work is ok, a little dead, but it is that time of the year. I try to spice thing up a bit by wreaking havoc on some peeps that work there, but they are having none of it. Prolly used to my shenanigans by now. I need to come up with something new, if you have any ideas, email me. I installed my new 6.5's in my doors (car, duh) the other day under the supervision of A and D. Sounds pretty good, I like having more midbass up front. Mixes well with my MB quart premium subs. All I need to do is get the cover built for the amp rack and I will have a traveling machine. The dvd player/monitor I installed in my dash has been getting a lot of use; lots of movie viewing in 5.1 surround and the sweet thing is the fact that I can store about 100 cd's on one dvd-r disc that I can play. Technology is great. I wish I would have been running this stuff when I used to compete. Actually, most of the stuff is vintage high-end. 2 soundstream reference class-a amps, one running 2ohm mono to the 2 MB Quart premium 10's, Polk MM6510's 6.5 inch midbass drivers in the doors, orion ntense tweeters concentrically mounted with the mids, and orion ntense 4's in the rear with a Phoenix Gold EQ 230 60 band 1/3 octave EQ. 4-guage power and ground, 12 guage speaker wire. I dig it, it makes my commute to work enjoyable. I used to really be into this stuff; I used to be installation manager ot the House of Sound in St Joseph. I really liked working with mobile electronics, it allowed me to be creative and have a good time at work. Ah, those were the days. Anyway, enough for tonight. Hopefully the storms will not be too bad. Alicia is forcing me to watch the weather; I would rather watch Kill Bill volume 2.

No comments: