Sunday, April 22, 2007

The good with the bad

So this has been a mixed weekend. Definitely had its ups and downs. Ups: spending a lot of quality time with Alicia and Dillon. Riding my bike for 3 days in a row, all off road. Eating good food. Getting some much needed stuff done around the house. Downs: going to the Earth Day Festival. Seeing more hippies then I wanted to at said festival. Smelling all of the hippies. Thinking about 4/20 and what it represents. Not understanding why people think its ok to try to legalize marijuana.

The worst: today I was cleaning up after lunch. Alicia was getting in the shower. Dillon was playing in the living room. All of a sudden, he started crying. So, thinking he was over reacting, I went in to see what was going on. He was kneeling over by one of our end tables. He turned around to look at me, and there was blood running down from his forehead. I almost crapped my pants. Somehow, he gashed open his forehead on the corner of the table, pretty deep. It was one of those things where I was wondering if he would need stitches. Now, I am not one that is sickened by blood. I have a strong stomach, and I am not worried about getting hurt. But, when you see your own child hurt, that is different. I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing. So, I picked him up and tried to comfort him as much as possible all the time trying to stop the blood. Finally he calmed down, and all was pretty much good after that. He is a tough kid. I know I have said it before, but wow. So yah, now he has a boo boo on his noodle. It hurts my heart to look at it. Funny thing, though. He didn't sweat it obviously. He was back to his old self after his nap, playing and causing trouble. He even helped me repair the fence in the back yard while I was grilling dinner.

4 comments:

S. Smith said...

Dude, I totally here you about your own kid getting hurt. Its the worst feeling in the world, especially when blood is involved. I freak my shit when Lucy gets hurt, which generally is not my nature at all.

S. Smith said...

The greatest South Park episode ever is the one where the giant spiked roller machine was crushing all the hippies at the end.

Brady Beckham said...

that south park was awesome...

Prozenberger said...

Especially since they used Slayer to drive off all of the hippies.