Monday, May 07, 2007

Shanked

Yah, yesterday's race at Rhetts Run was not good. It would have been good had I not dropped my chain 6 times in the first lap. And, I was on my single speed. I made the mistake of making a last minute change to my gearing before I left the house, and obviously I didn't get my chain tensioned properly. So yeah, 6 times. So I pulled the plug. It kind of goes along with the final run theory in skateboarding, you don't go for that "one more time" run after you have decided to go home. That is disasterous. Speaking of skateboarding, after a 12 year hiatus, I am getting back into the sport. Something I can really get hurt doing. Back in the day, I was full on skater, for 10 years or so. I was serious about it, wanted to turn pro, blah, blah, blah. Then we moved to St Joe and that changed. There were some good places to skate there, but being a smaller town, I got burned out pretty quickly. St. Louis, on the other hand, is a good city for a skater. We used to pile into Franks Suburban with our portible launch ramp, and drive everywhere looking for skate spots. We even used to hit up the roof top at my high school every once in a while...

What else...Leslie graduated from Stephens on Saturday and we went to Holts Summit winery to celebrate. Sans Dillon. Alicia's boss took care of him while we were there. I got sunburned nicely. Dillon went on his first boat ride.

So, thats it. I have a headache.

I saw Brian Shoemaker at Rhetts Run. He is a sexy man.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Is that an excuse I hear?

For the moment the pic wouldn't load on Josh's blog, I thought he was referring to you! :-)

Brian said...

"I saw Brian Shoemaker at Rhetts Run. He is a sexy man."

You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.