Sunday, August 07, 2005

State Crit

Well today was state crit. I opted out of the 1/2 race and decided to do the masters race instead since I haven't had a whole lot of time to train lately. Well, it was pretty hard. I ended up in a move on the first lap that stayed away for a good chunk of the race. Then I flatted. I got a wheel change from Merli which threw my shifting way off, but it got me back in the race. Covered some moves and got in a few more breaks, but the winning move went up the road without me in it. I was a bit surprised that it stuck, but the Gateway boys were doing a good job of shutting things down. I thought that the 30+ winner was up the road, so I wasn't too interested in making a late race move. Bad decision, both of the guys up the road were 35+. So, Mark Murawski won the jersey (I think), I ended up 5th. Bummer, but I was happy with the way I rode, I was just trying to stay agressive and get in a good move. We rolled out pretty soon after that so we could get the little guy home. So, I guess we are going to go over to Curts tonight for a litle BBQ action then hopefully some relaxation at home.

No comments: