Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Roof Ornament

Kind of like a hood ornament, you know, the good ol' Caddie' hood ornament made famous by cheesy rappers using them as necklaces. You wouldn't want to use my roof ornament as a neclace, tho,because it was my Cannondale Six13. See, we went to Minneapolis for Micah and Sarah's wedding last Thursday. I brought my bike with plans to ride with Micah and Curt when we got there on Friday, and then a pre-wedding ride on Saturday. And then, race the Stillwater crit on Sunday before coming home. Well, lets just say that the weekend started out like mung. Wed stayed in Des Moines Thursday night since we didn;t leave CoMO till 430. We stopped in Macon for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Ok, I loaded the car earlier in the day since Alicia was at work. Well, when we got into the restaurant, we discovered that Dilon was quite wet. Wet enough that his colthes were damp. So, we needed to change everything. Well, thats when I discovered that I had left Dillons bag in his room at home. Nice!! So, he had no clothes, toiletries, anything. No PJ's! Fuck!! At least I had bought diapers earlier in the day and left them in the car. So, after waiting for an hour for our food, we were on our way to Dolar General. We made the decision not to roll back to home since that would add another 1.5 hours to an already shitty drive. We made it to Alicias cousins house in Desmoines without incident, except for the fact that D cried a lot. Pleasant. Then he wouldnt sleep when we got there. The roof ornament was covered in bugs. So, I got no sleep that night. Next morning, we roled out around 8, got some coffee (actually I had a depth charge to wake me up). We got to Minn around noonish. Curt and Micah already rode, so I was going to rol around for an hour to chill out a bit. Well, it was a good idea. I brought my frame pump to air up my tubies since they leach air over time. I didn't pump them up before leaving home since I planned on doing it when I got there. Well. my pump was missing an integral part, so it was useless. So, no ride for me that day. We had rehearsal dinner at a realy cool conservation place on a lake. Beer was coinsumed. Then we headed down town to watch the Minneapolis crit in the Nature Valley Grand prix. It started raining fucking buckets on the way down, very hard to drive in. By the time we got there and found a place to park, Micah got the call that the race was called off! Nice. Wasted trip in the rain. So then I had the fun task of driving back to the motel, got lost on the way in the downpour. When we got there, Curt and I went to get beer. Well, Dillon decided he did not want to sleep again and threw a fit for a while. No sleep for us again. Saturday morning, got up ate shitty breakfast. We had to be at the church at 130, and by the time we got around, we decided not to ride. Instead went to Mecca, the Mall of America. A worthy trade off. I love malls. Seriously. Holy crap, there was lots to see. Anyway, if you are up that way, you have to go. So, we came back to Motel Hell and got cleaned up, then Curt and I rolled to the wedding. The ceremony was nice, I videotaped it. Went to the reception where I got first billing on our entrance in the wedding party! I am so pro, holy shit I'm cool. And I make 2000 watts. It of course rained buckets again. Good times. Next day, I decided not to race since it would put us into Columbia too late for my tastes. So yeah, I took my bike almost 1000 miles and didn't ride it. Yesterday I rode my singlespeed at cosmo and had a nice crash. I thought I maybe broke my mp3 player too, I rolled a couple of time and landed on my back, then my bike came next nd I got tangled up in it. But, the mp3 player was ok, the battery cover popped off, thats all. Today I took Franklin out for a Rockstar loop only to receive a call from Alicia mid ride that she was locked out of the house. I didn't hav e my key either. So, when I got home, I had to crawl thru the kitchen window which is about 12 inches tall. I swear, if I could have any more shit happen this week...Friday is Alicias 30th birthday, party at our place at 530. Bring liquor.

1 comment:

RockDoc said...

liquor, you brought her