Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fun times indeed.

I had a blog entry on my Treo, but I lost it. Shit! So, we went to St Joe last weekend. Alicia and I drove up separately because I wanted to get the roof rack that was on our Subaru on my car since I had the right clips. Friday night we went to Hoof and Horn, the best steak house in St Joe with my pops and Grandma and Tina (my dads hot girlfriend).

So, Saturday Mark met me and we went out on the road for a few hours. Did my favorite loop, DeKalb via VV and back, pretty tough loop with lots of rollers and wind. Came home and sport ate, then A, D, and I went up to Clarinda for the night. Alicia was having a family reunion on Sunday. Her family watched Dillon while we went out to eat by ourselves for the first time in 4 months. I got up early the next day and rode for about 3 hours. Holy crap, it was windy, we are talking Corpus Christie TX wind, 25-30MPH sustained. Special thanks goes out to my MP3 player, without it I would have cracked. Post ride food at the reunion. Pretty bunk. Went back to StJ and dinner once again with my Grandma, this time at Denny's. Even worse food. Monday, I rolled out early on the SS up to Krug park for some trails. They have cut a TON of new trails, and they are very nice. I actually found myself getting lost a little. The riding there is a lot different, not really and rock, mostly well packed narrow dirt singletrack. Afterwards, things startd going downhill fast. Even tho it was sunny when I left, the skys started to darken. I still had not put the rack on my car yet and I had to change the clips with my limited tool supply in my car, and I had to do it outside. Of course it started raining. So, i got a bit of shelter under a lattice porch that had a piece of plywood on the top of it. OK, just to explain a little, the roof rack was being stored at this guys house that owns a salvage service. Well, his house burned up (fire), so he was not there. My roof rack had been sitting in the elements for a while, and the bolts for the clips were rusted. Next to impossible to get off, and I am getting soaked. Then, I twisted the head off the last bolt. Of course, the new fuckng clips did not have fresh bolts, so I almost abandoned the rack. But I decided to put it on with only the rear load bars connected and drive out to Alicias moms to find a bolt. Also, my air conditioner quit working. Very nice, I am glad I wasted a shower because I am sweating like crazy by now. Luckily, I found a blown fuse under the hood and got it going again. Well, I got the rack installed out at moms house. Then we came home, of course we hit numerous bad storms on the way. Dillon has been sick.

1 comment:

RockDoc said...

So, is that a pic of your dad's gal?