Monday, August 14, 2006

Joetown

Every time we go home to St Joe, I leave feeling glad that we dont live there anymore. Not because of family or anything, that town is just such a dump. White trash everywhere, everyone seems to just be a couple of steps behing the rest of the world. We left Friday morning to head there. We stopped in Platte City at the PIzza Shoppe for lunch, I had a mini pizza with corned beef on it. Yah, thats right, corned beef!! Hell yes! They now are my favorite pizza place. The crust is just right, not too think or thin, no grease, and crunchy. When we got to St JOe, I took out the rock lobster for a little ridey poo. That is the only bike I brought, just to make sure I wasn't tempte to go to the Tour of KC and waste $70. I rolled around town and rode thru a lot of grass on the parkway and hit a few trails which were spider central since no one rides MTB's around there. I also brought road tires so I could poach in on the group ride the next day. To my dismay, I realized I forgot my pump. So, I made a trip to the local shop and bought a much needed pump. Time to retire my 9 year old wrench force that has been with me for so long. Alicia, Dillon and I went out to Palmas for some tasty mex food, I had the pork chili which was good, but I would pay for it for the rest of the night and the next morning. The group ride was leaving at 8 on Saturday and a 60 mile ride was planned. I flopped my rear wheel around to the fixed side so I could get in a workout. The route was a challenging one, quite hilly indeed. It was nice to catch up with some of the locals. It was a good ride, fast at times, but chill a lot too. There were supported water stops at every 15 miled which was nice since the humidity was 200%. When I got home, I chowed all day, hit the pool, and went out to dinner with my mom. So, not a lot of excitement. My legs are a little sore from spending sooo much time on my fixie. It was good to see so many people riding bikes in st joe. When I lived there, there were only a few people that rode, there were close to 50 riders on Sunday. I got my new kicks from Zappos.com and they are dope. Old school Adidas Superskate hightops. Hot! I think I am going to get on the roadbike a bit this week. It actually rained last night, so the trails will be in better shape, not so dusty, and I am looking forward to taking the scalpel out for a spin too. I have been getting some good PSP time rocking the emulators. My current game is Smash TV on the Super NES emulator. Fun, simple, and challenging, killinghundreds of people per level to win prizes like a sleek 1999 roadster, VCR's, and money. It is like a gameshow, but you go to a room and people just come at you. You have to survive by killing them and picking up new weapons. The PSP is great, I have so many roms on my memory stick, it is hard to decide what to play. All of the NES, Super NES, and Sega games ever made. I am also going to get a game boy emulator so I can get the hook-up there too. Oh yeah, one more thing, I still have my Orbea Pista track bike for sale, if you are interested, email me.

No comments: