Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I guess I can go ahead and update this turd. Last week, Alicia and I took Dillon to his Grandma's house and we flew out to Baltimore. She had a conference to attend, so we thought that would be a good chance to get away. I pretty much had my days free since she was working. The first night, we ate at the Hard Rock cafe with the kids we were chaperoning. The food was ok, but that place is a little overated. I also took a long walk while she was working, one of many. I ended up in the hood and about a ton of strip clubs. Nice. We were staying downtown in the inner harbor, a nice ritzy part of town. But the hood was close by, about 7 blocks in any direction would get you there. The hotel we were staying at was posh, every morning we had a good breakfast and free starbucks coffee all day long. Also they had a nioce fitness center that I used a lot in my quest to go to the gunshow and get ripped and shredded :) Walked prolly about 10 miles every day. I checked out Edgar Allen Poe's grave which was very surreal. It was in a cemetary in the middle of the city, an old cemetary dating back to the 1700's. There were also revolutionary was soldiers burried there too. I took some pics, I'll post them later. Spent some time at Barnes and Noble reading. Roamed little Italy. Hit up the Baltimore Tattoo museum. The Baltimore aquarium. Really, I did a lot of stuff. The flights to and from were pretty uneventful. Went to a great Itallian restaurant on my birthday, Friday, and had some of the best service in the world. Also, I ate homade Beet Ravioli. It was so good, I love beets, and they were mixed with cream cheese in a veal reduction sauce with mushrooms. For desert, tiramisu with a b-day candle in it. All 7 of the kids sang happy birthday to me, which was nice. They were a great group of kids, all of them have a strong stance against underage drinking and they really have there stuff together. They ranged in age from 14-17. We had a good time, but it was good to get back home and see Dillon. What else...We are finished moving at work, we are in the new building which is great. No Gayway cup for me this year. Everyone can stop sweating now, I won't be there to take your money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queerzo - why don't you go to Springfield this weekend for the 12 hour mtb race? I will be there. Fader