Tuesday, August 15, 2006

To ride or not to ride?!?

Here is today's excuse: my dog ate my bike!! I am going to ride today. Not the Tuesday night ride, though, because it is too far away from the safety of my house and there are too many sketchy riders there. This will be my weekly ride, for the rest of the week I will be too busy worrying about my fitness for the coming winter, when the rides around here get really tough. Yesterday I totally planned on riding, but the roads were just too wet, so I went to Wal-Mart instead. Sunday I was pretty toasted from my weekly ride on Saturday, so I figured I better have a few recovery days so I could really peak for the Sedalia crit that I will not be attending. I had pasta last night, a little carbo-bloating to get the pump primed for todays long ride, you know, less then an hour on the bike really blows out some calories and I don't need to lose any more weight. It seems like I am just wasting away, the riding has been really hard lately. I am sooooo funny, it almost hurts!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You're so cool!