Saturday, June 02, 2007

Busy

Things have been pretty hectic. We were gone for a bit over Memorial Day weekend. We dumped Dillon off at his grandma's and Alicia and I spent the day and night Saturday camping at Indian Cave state park in Nebraska with some of our old friends. We stopped at the local Choke n' Puke on our way to the park, it was the only business in the town of Nemaha, NE. I ate a huge sloppy joe (xtra sloppy), bag of chips, potato salad, and a giant piece of cake. This meal cost me less then 5 dollars. And I was stuffed. We picked up some cheap beer and made our way to the park where I immediately had to use the bathroom. Nice. Our friends met up with us, and we seet up camp and commenced to drinking. I decided it would be a good idea to ride my cross bike on some singletrack after drinking 4 beers. Not such a good move. No kit, no helmet, just shoes. It was muddy, but I somehow managed to survive. Then, since I was schweaty, I thought it would be a good idea to ride on the park road to cool off a bit. I ended up going down this long, windy descent, seriously 45 mph riding my brakes. It really cooled me down, but I had to ride back up it when I discovered that the road dead ended. This had to be one of the steepest hills I have ever climbed. My gps said that at points it reached over 30% grade. I was really uncomfortable, and I am rolling a compact crankset on the cx bike. Nice cool down. Anyway, it was really good to catch up with our friends after a bunch of years and this time it does not need to be so long before we get together again. Work has been busy. Like usual. Alicia owes me $500. Meh she and Curt should split the bill.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Whatever. If you had to pay me, that is what I would get a week, so consider it a donation.

Beefcakes said...

You would have no need for money if you'd answer your phone. Like I said, you've missed two million dollar giveaways.