Thursday, February 23, 2006

Busted

Yah, Curt has given away my secret training. I have been riding, contrary to popular belief. MTB slopfest on Sunday since the trails were thawing out at cosmo, I was plowing through the mud like Butthead going through a chocolate sheet cake. On the road again on Monday, and the rollers too. Blah blah blah, ending in a ride with the Curtie Tuesday and Yesterday (wednesday). That is a pic taken with my new Palm Treo 650. I am a nerd. OK, a quick intermission here, this laptop sux. For some reason, I can be typing away like nobodys business, when all of a sudden the cursor just jumps to a random spot, and since I am usuallly looking at my hands while I type (bad habit), I don't notice the fact till its too late. Makes me mad. Anyway, yah, bikes are ok I guess. Alicia was in DC last week, so I went with the Dillon up to my moms house and stayed for a couple of days. Got a bit of riding in there too, but man, was it windy!! Last night we went to Flat Branch. It was good as usual, but beware. On the menu they have their Double Bock, which is very tasty. We went during happy hour expecting to get cheep beer. What I didn't find out till too late, the bock was their vintage brew from a couple of years ago, they brought me out 10 oz. instead of the usual pint, and then charged five bucks. Once again, the beer was good, but I would have had an IPA and saved two-fitty. Five bucks, put another bone with that and you can have a 12 of Stag (steak, taters, and gravy).

2 comments:

Alicia said...

The beer was $3.50. I thought I would clarify so you are not known as a liar!!

RockDoc said...

That is good, I was going to suggest a fine scotch for 5 bones, but I think you can set sail with the captain for 3.50.