Monday, February 27, 2006

Smells like cat food

It smells like cat food in my house. Prolly because the cats are chowing down and stiring up the aroma. Not a totally unpleasant smell. Yesterday was Froze Toes. It was a pretty nice day, Kersha and I rolled out there in his sort of new Honda. Dope ride. So we got there, registered, and got our race on. First off, the fields were big. They closed down the 5's race, the 3/4's race was almost full, I think there were like 100 guys, and our race (1/2/3's) was pretty crowded too. We started out fast, so I was a little uncomfortable at first, but I settled in quickly and just sat in for the most part. I pretty much wanted to see if I could finish and maybe help out if I could. It didn't get too hard till the first time up the little rise on the outer road. I could see some guys attacking and upping the pace at the front, I was a bit worried about getting dropped there since I don't have any climbing in my legs yet. But I was fine, even tho by the first time thru the start/finish area, I was thinking about quitting. I know this sounds gay, but I taped a small pic of Dillon to my stem, and whenever I started to hurt, I looked down at his happy face and it made me go on. I felt good till the last time up the climb, about 3 miles from the finish, then I started cramping. So I eased up and rolled out the back. I rolled in with the Meat and Aaron Inch about 2 minute behind the main field. Jonathan and Ethan rode very well, Kersha made some attacks and rode the front later in the race, and I saw Ethan on the front almost the entire race. And, Ethan ended up getting 4th, taking 2nd in the field sprint. Curtie rode well too, moving around effortlessly through the pack, expect good things from this kid this year. We went over to Ethans on Saturday night for some pre race chow, and hung with the rest of the CBC'ers. Nolan Froese rode away from the rest of the field in the juniors race, once again, look for big things from him this year too. Actually, watch the entire CBC junior team, they are rolling!! What else...went and got coffee and rode chill on Saturday, uh yeah. So, yeah, I am pretty happy with the way I rode on Sunday, I have a brighter outlook for this season and know that I am not as out of shape as I thought.

No comments: